View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default What's Your Top 5 Best Ebay Finds?

Posted By: Jeff Obermeyer

My top item was a copy of the 1939 United States Card Collectors Catalog, one of only 500 copies printed. I picked it up for $2.50 (plus $2.50 shipping) because it was listed in the wrong category and incorrectly described. When it arrived, I found that neatly tucked in the back was Vol. 2, No. 1 of Burdicks Card Collectors Bulletin newsletter... the seller never even mentioned it.

I also once won a Seattle Totems hockey program from a guy (Seattle hockey stuff is my primary collecting interest... vintage cards are something I do on the side). I emailed him and asked if he had more stuff... turns out he did, and he only lived about 30 miles away. I visited his house and walked away about $1,000 poorer, but I ended up with some amazing stuff!

I've also met two people through my web site that ended up selling me significant Seattle hockey items - a circa 1963 Seattle Totems jersey, and the 1944-45 Pacific Coast Hockey League championship presentation trophy (which had been holding up an ironing board in someones home for over 30 years!).

Jeff Obermeyer
Seattle Hockey Homepage - http://www.seattlehockey.net