View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Rich Klein

Default And 2010 wasn't interesting??

At least in the new card market it was fascinating ---- Upper Deck being blown out of the water in their BB and FB license; and their money problems including having an MLBPA license but not producing one full set using that. There was an issue about not paying players for autographs earlier this year, guess that never got settled.

Panini and Topps basically becoming the only 2 card companies that matter.

Most of that was settled by April. but 2010 was the most important year for card company "moving" since 2005 when Fleer went bankrupt and Donruss/Leaf/Playoff lost their baseball license.

James probably has some better insight because of what he does for H&S but some of my questions would include:

1) Is the Federal investigation ever going to end -- and if so, with what if any indictments. Feds tend to move slowly but surely, so we may not even see this concluded in 2011

2) Auction Houses -- I think we already saw the 1st move towards some consolidation -- I could have sworn I saw that long time dealer Andy Madec has "merged" his business with Mile High -- I'll bet we have more to come in 2011.

Regards
Rich