View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Day 26

Today is the day we hit the century mark, with 100 cards! Looking at Bob Oldis and Jim Donahue, takes me back to high school cut day for the varsity baseball team. We would tryout all week, then Friday, you would show up for practice with the cut list taped to the locker room door. So all day at school, it’s all you thought about. Some guys had the Jim Donahue look, knowing they were going to be the starting CF, or a starting pitcher. Then there were the guys like me, always battling for a lineup spot. We had the Bob Oldis look all day at school. Once you made the team, you got this orange jacket with your name on it. We would wear that jacket everywhere, no matter how hot it was. I found mine a couple years ago, when we finally unpacked boxes that hadn’t been opened in 20 years of military moving. Man, that brought back some memories! My best friend, Buddy, was a brawler when he got mad, a bit like Earl Torgeson was, as a matter of fact. He struck out a couple times one day and just came storming back to the dugout, smoke coming out of his nostrils. We also had a guy named Joe, who almost never played, and just yapped a lot. Well, Buddy walks in the dugout to get his glove and can’t find his hat. He’s so pissed, that everyone just moves out of the way. Except Joe. Buddy yells at him, “where’s my damn cap?!?” Joe just looks back, feigning a concerned sort of look, and says “what color is it?” That was the only bench clearing brawl I ever saw, involving only one bench, as Joe took off towards the outfield. I wonder where I put my orange jacket now...I might wear that tomorrow. Have a great one!!

Card Tracker:
100 cards, at 50 cents each, shipped

Last edited by HercDriver; 02-09-2019 at 06:27 PM.