View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I am seeing cards listed for $50,$60 and $70 on ebay. With $40 charge from Leaf, $x charge from a TPA and ebay fees, who is kidding who here. Though I will concede that the vast majority of these cards are priced much higher than that.
There's also the distinct possibility that some of these things have sold for what they should sell for, and someone took a bath on the fees to construct them in the first place. I've bought whole collections of PSA slabbed autographed cards before where the amount I paid for the collection was less than the cost of the slabbing, and then turned around and sold many of them for less than what the slabbing would cost, but still turned a profit. I feel sorry for whatever collector sunk so much money into all that plastic in the first place, but it doesn't always ensure that the value of the card is increased by at least the cost of the slab.

On the other hand, maybe some of these sellers have come to their senses and are looking to get those monstrosities out of their collections asap