View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 AM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Thanks Scott. Today it would be very difficult. Didn't know the players were that accommodating back then.

I know with NHL teams, its not even that hard nowadays. I know several people who go to the airport or the team hotel here in Calgary and get numerous items like jerseys, 16x20's etc. signed by the entire team. When i was younger, in the 90's, i would go to the hotels and get autos as well. A couple hours before the game the players leave the hotel on a team bus and they usually always leave the hotel with one or two other teammates over 20-30 minutes, so it is quiet easy to get everyone on a team. I also have a friend on another site that lives in Miami and he gets entire NFL teams (or very close to the entire team) signed on full sized helmets almost everytime he goes to get autograph at the team Hotels.

Nowadays (and even back then) there are 'autograph hounds' they call them that will spend 14 hours a day getting autographs at Hotels, practices, airports, outside the stadium etc. I don't think its outside the realm of impossibility to have a team signed item from any league from a team in the last 40+ years or so.

Last edited by Bilko G; 05-31-2012 at 01:09 AM.