View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 07:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The market got killed this week. Diversification and long term are key points to take away. Personally, I just do what Buffet says (in the market) with quite a few less 0s at the end of my investments. We have Apple and Vanguard 500 Index, are long term and doing just fine. (knock on wood). And cards can absolutely be a part of anyone's investment and be ok. Cards are more fun than stocks that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth_rookie View Post
I’m not afraid to say that I am definitely one of those who prefers buying vintage sports memorabilia (particularly cards) over the stock market, especially after weeks like this where equities got absolutely slammed. Besides, owning Apple, Amazon, Exxon Mobil, nor Google could ever bring even a remote taste of the joy I get while holding my ‘33 Goudey Ruths, gazing at them in amazement, wondering about the provenance and how in the world they survived bicycle spokes, several wars, and an overzealous mom who threw away anything that wasn’t tied down or hidden between my mattresses (Playboys included!!). While I do believe diversification is key, baseball cards are by far my favorite “investment”.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r319rutha.jpg (77.6 KB, 120 views)