View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Belltown Vintage

In many collecting areas it is recognized that insurance will NEVER be paid, so we just don't insure things.

In vintage baseball I generally insure just because many collectors get upset and post nasty things about you if you don't. But the truth is - insurers love to get paid for insurance, but they NEVER pay up. There is always a reason why you don't get paid for the lost or damaged item. I could give you three examples off the top of my head where I filed a claim and got refused. The first refusal was from a vintage collectibles insurance company that I was paying over $1,000 twice a year to. When I finally had a $300 claim they found a loophole to avoid paying. Good for them - I immediately cancelled their $2,000 a year golden egg and posted here what a sh*t company they were. On the other hand, it had still been a good idea, as I quite buying insurance through the post office and had been paying over $2,000 per year, so I unwittingly had self-insured myself and proven that it was the best idea.

The other two that come to mind were with USPS - you would not believe the excuses they come up with.

Last edited by Runscott; 03-11-2018 at 06:03 PM.