View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 09:29 PM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
Okay, well, I don't think any amount of statistical analysis is going to change your mind. So we will just have to agree to disagree.

I do want to point out that most people on this thread, myself included think it is pretty even between the two. You may be the odd man out in thinking that Kaline is obviously better than Clemente.
I think it is very close...but my "statistical analysis" is tilted to the guy that had a massive advantage in some pretty big categories...RBI BB SB HR...everything else was +/- IMO

I think more people had/have an emotional attachement to RC...and thats's OK...he's more iconic for sure

I think...again...thoe trying to use "statistical analysis" for clemente are grasping at best using various random stats....where as I am saying look at there numbers as a whole where they ended up. No ifs and coulds or buts...no take this year or age or in the month of May...Total career stats. They definitely lean one way. Defense is a wash IMO...hard to give a guy a large edge oer another that has 10 GG and just as good of an arm.