View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Default Nate Sanders Auctions - What Are They Doing?

Nate Sanders is the Most Unprofessional Auction House I Have Ever Dealt With (since I have never really dealt with Coach's Corner).

Just want to share my last 24 hours dealing with this "Auction House".

With 24 hours to go until tonight's auction close, I called them yesterday to learn how their auction was to end. In my conversation with an employee it sounded like they make up rules as they go along. maybe they would call me, maybe they wouldn't. I could call them but if I bid in the last 24 hours (and then it was changed to three hours during our phone conversation) they would call me to let me know I was outbid.

This evening, at 20 minutes until the close of the auction, I bid on three items. within a few minutes I was outbid on all three.

Not a problem, I assumed I would have more time to bid (at least three hours as I was told). I was nearing my financial limit on all three items so I was unsure if I wanted to even bid again on the items.

I went back to the web page after the 8pm (est) initial bidding close and could not get back to my items to rebid. under "my bids", I had to go to "previous auctions" to see and learn that I lost all three auctions. How could I loose the auctions if I was to still have three hours to rebid?

At 8:20 the phone rang and it was someone from Nate Sanders calling. Now get this: I was told that one of the rings I wanted, the owner "just" at this moment had lowered their reserve. (I was also told yesterday that they no longer bid on behalf of reserve even though it is clearly written in their terms that they can). I was told by the employee on the telephone that the ring was mine if I wanted it at my last bid, plus the twenty percent buyers premium.

I was shocked and asked them what kind of auction house are they running? What games are they playing? Other people had bid on that ring in the last three hours. Why was the auction house at 8:30 (30 minutes after the initial bidding closed) offering to sell me the ring? Yes sell me the ring, not a request to bid on the ring. And remember, I was outbid and "lost" the auction according to their website.

I have never dealt with this auction house before this auction and unless they have something I desperately need in the future, I will avoid them. Too many improvisational proceedings here for me.

With some auction houses bidding up the reserve in real time sessions on the auction floor when the auction is live, or hidden reserves not being met, or auction houses and their employees owning and buying items for inclusion in their auctions, I truly appreciate the few auction houses that don't play these games.

When I met the Nate Sanders folks at the National, I encouraged them to check out net54baseball.com and to respond about how they are running ebay "buy it now" and "best offer" auctions and offering the same items in their auction at the same time.

I told the lady on the phone I could not wait to get off the phone so I could post this story on Net54. I hope they check it out and respond to my post.

Last edited by sports-rings; 08-09-2011 at 06:49 PM.