Thread: Aaron Judge
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Matt

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...s-october-hero

"To a certain extent," Judge said, "I enjoy failure. It's part of the game. There's always room to grow, there's room to improve. So it's been a fun ride. And it's my first year, still pretty crazy."

This big kid is a great example for little kids. I made my son read that quote. Judge plays the game right— in an age when guys hot-dog doubles, Judge sprints out 495 ft bombs. He gives balls to little kids between every inning.

As impressively, the rookie has the mental toughness and character to always come roaring back in a dramatic, dominant way, after every funk. He never loses his cool as the umps learn to adjust their zones to his size, with strikes being called below his shins.

On the sheer performance side, he sets the rookie HR record while batting .284, and getting on base more than the guy who won the batting title. He saves their season with a great playoff catch. He ignites a memorable October comeback with not one but two huge hits, adjusting to breaking pitches.

Judge is clearly prone to extreme highs and lows. He certainly still has tons to learn, and many improvements to make. He himself humbly acknowledges this. Yet true fans root for their guys and team through thick and thin. So no funk or internet invective is going to make us fans abandon our guy.

I just don't get rooting against this likable kid. Below, some additional reading for those who do. The crow buffet line has been packed at times— notably after his call up, then during those six weeks in July-Aug, and most recently during a few games this month.

Luckily it's all-you-can-eat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51-BYdovQgL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (44.7 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by MattyC; 10-18-2017 at 10:11 AM.