Thread: Aaron Judge
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:15 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
A rookie is runner-up for MVP while setting the rookie HR mark? Awesome.
Yea, unbelievably impressive!

And just think about this, I had this thought this morning.

What if it had been Mike Trout who put up the exact stat line that Aaron Judge did this year. Say Trout hadn't been hurt and had a breakout power year for him with the other numbers in Judges stat line....

155games 542ab 128 Runs 52 HR 114RBI (2nd in LG) 127 Walks 9 SB .284 avg .422 OBP(2nd in LG) .627 SLG (2nd in LG) 1.049 OPS (2nd in LG)

That is an absolutely dominant statistical year for a power hitter.

Yes... I know he lead league in strikeouts as well. But can anyone truthfully tell me if the person who put up the above stat line's last name was Trout that he would not be MVP?

Altuve was great and also deserving, not saying he's not I just think the voters put a lot of emphasis on past track records and service time and player name recognition etc... in their voting.

I just think if Trout had put up Judges exact stat, setting a new HR mark for himself with all those great other numbers, there wouldn't likely be much debate. Leading League in HR, R, and Walks etc...

I think Altuve will win this year and is equally deserving. But I also feel that voters are taking into account him leading the lg in hits last few seasons and them also likely thinking that it's Altuves chance with Trout getting hurt this year. Almost like it's his turn.

Again, Altuve had a great year , I'd like to see a co-MVP this year but obviously won't happen. I tip my cap to Altuve and Astros. Hopefully the Yankees can make some noise again next year!