Thread: Aaron Judge
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 06:28 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Jose can you see, Gosh, half an Altuve looks even smaller.

Jake, keep in touch next season.

Was George Springer ever mentioned as the second coming of Babe Ruth? No.

Would Houston have won the series without their third, fourth and fifth starters (who compared favorably to Kershaw and Darvish in the WS) ? No

I realize that all your predictions can be and will be rationalized, but I’m sort of glad they went ahead and played the games. Great series.

I, for one, hope Judge has a better year in 2018 and that Kershaw’s back problems do not curtail his fine career to date.

I don’t think it has been mentioned here before, but I think a team should have to use the players that got them them through the whole season in the playoffs. When late season pickups play a significant role in September and October (aka Verlander and Darvish), it just doesn’t seem right to me.

Cbapman was picked up by cubs last year...thats par for the course in terms of late additions....

Im glad they played the games as well and i think you were proven wrong on almost everything. The dodgers showed the 2nd half losing streak against NL teams meant zero..they marched all the way to the world series and got it to 7 games..

amazing astros have guys like jake marisnick and a few others that were hurt that can be very important next year..

I hated Darvish as well...said didnt want hiim to start game 7..after game 4..

but he as the #2 starter decided it for the dodgers..and lost....kershaw didnt lose the series at all..

Houston had one of the most dynamic offenses in history...we will look back on their lineup from 2017 and be amazed they had all those players...more than what we do when we look at the expo teams..

I didnt care about Judge winning any awards....you were all over him for the postseason but he had a pretty good post season..i not sure how many runners in scoring position he failed to drive in but it wasnt many if any...

You cant discount what a great year Judge had.....i dont think hes matt nokes....i am going to take a wild guess and say Judge wont match or have a better year than he did this year...if he has another year thats equal or better to this year....it will be the greatest 2 years any player has ever had or at least arguably...without the use of drugs..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-07-2017 at 06:33 PM.