View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Default My T206 Plank theory....New Follow-up info

Posted By: john/z28jd

Ted,you certainly put alot of thought into this but i wouldve started with trying to find out about compensation for being in the t206 set first.If he didnt get paid but they put out his card he couldve told them to pull the card and they wouldve had to. Plank is in so many sets from that era that its hard to believe he could have an exclusive contract. Hes in 23 sets produced from 1908-1911 but only 6 are E cards,thats alot of sets to explain. Youd also have to explain why theres only a few rarities in other sets like e90 and t207 where you couldnt explain it by a short print run on a group of players.

I think its just like Wagner,they had a compensation problem and maybe thats why you dont find some players in the set because their teammate told them not to sign,or they decided it on their own when they saw he wasnt in it. Babe Adams and Sam Leever who both shouldve been in the set being key members of the 1909 Pirates World Series teams arent in the set,theyre in the e90-2 set but then Leever appears in the t205 set and Adams doesnt but hes in some E sets. So why would they have an exclusive contract with him too being a Pittsburgh player