View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Default My T206 Plank theory....New Follow-up info

Posted By: john/z28jd

If Leever wasnt in the t205 maybe it would but they have all of the same cigarette companies as t206s and were made at the same time. Theyre also in the e90-2 set not e90-1, and the e90-2 is only 11 Pirates players,which includes Ham Hyatt who isnt in the t206s or t205s but is in the t207 set.

Cy Morgan was a teammate of Plank and a good pitcher himself yet isnt in the t206 but is in the t204 and e96 like Plank,not in the e90 set which includes Plank, but he is in the t207 set unlike Plank.How would that be explained using his theory above? It couldnt be

If you want to believe broken plate which could explain e90 cards like Mitchell and Sweeney just as easy as Wagner and Plank then i can live with that.If you want to believe that he wanted compensation and had his card pulled id believe that too but to think he had an exclusive contract way back then but somehow appeared in 17 other non-E sets during that time span is a little harder to believe.

Honestly if they were paying players,how much could they offer him to only help sell their 1 cent candies and what would be left to pay the other 200+ players that appear in those sets? To deny the tobacco card companies which obviously put out a ton more cards over the same time span,they would have to make a substancial offer to keep him out of years of sets instead of appearing in both sets. and just exactly why would 2 different entities be trying to keep a player out of one set,is there really a huge amount of people that went to the store and said do i want caramel because i have a 1 in 120 chance of getting Eddie Plank or do i want to satisfy my nicotine yearnings. No! If someone wanted cigarettes theyre going to buy them no matter who might be inside,but they might buy a different type of cigarette because of the card.This isnt topps vs Donruss here its Marlboro vs Hershey