View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Default My T206 Plank theory....New Follow-up info

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

Too many "Q'S" from you.....OK, my reply to your post (2:14 AM) paragragh 3.....

...."If you want to believe broken plate which could explain e90 cards like Mitchell and Sweeney just as
easy as Wagner and Plank then i can live with that.If you want to believe that he wanted compensation
and had his card pulled id believe that too but to think he had an exclusive contract way back then but
somehow appeared in 17 other non-E sets during that time span is a little harder to believe."

JOHN.....You will never hear me use the excuse "broken plate".....it's the "panacea" for all unexplained
scarce BB cards; and, I've never bought it. Printing firms have multiple (or redundant) plates for every
image they print.

Mike Mitchell and Bill Sweeney are very tough in the E90-1 set because they were in the short-printed
last Series (of 20-30 cards).

My theory on Plank applies only to the rivalry between ACC & ATC on their very first issues. That is the
1st Series of the E90-1 set which included Eddie Plank and was probably issued in 1908 (or early 1909).
And, the 1st (150) and 2nd (350) Series of the T206 set which included Plank and was yanked....twice.

All subsequent sets containing Plank are irrelevant to this argument.

TED Z