View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Default My T206 Plank theory....New Follow-up info

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

John...

You've shot at Ted's idea with nonsense.

Plank isn't in 23 sets. I don't think you can count 23 sets even if you count each of the different Conlon sets as a separate set, and you count Calahans and new stuff. You should count card distributors from his playing days, not individual sets.

Please go look at the other thread.... Plank's in E107... Breisch Williams is a predecessor to American Caramel. Plank stays fairly loyal to American Caramel. E90-1s are next, and he is in them. Some of the other issues he's in are regional, such as T208. Not really a competitor of American Caramel, probably not distributed in in Philadelphia, under American Caramel's radar. Same for T204 Ramly. But the American Tobacco Trust products were distrubuted there, they would have been noticed.

I really think Ted has tuned his radar in on what probably happened years ago. It is consistent with the letter that was auctioned that solicits a player, consistent with Wagner's disappearance, E107s predate E90-1s and Plank is there, for his hometown candy company and his old college president...

Again, great detective work, Ted.