View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Fred

I don't mind low grade material. If it's an OJ then I don't mind the low grade as long as the image is nice. I don't mind back damage on an OJ because it's blank back card.

I've seen cards graded a "2" that are much nicer than the same card graded a "4" or even higher. Maybe there's a small wrinkle on the back. I'd rather buy the card and not the holder/label.

Something else to consider is that sometime you just don't have a choice in the matter of picking up something that doesn't come to market too often. For example, Zeenuts of Claxton and Arbuckle. It's not like you can wait around for the next card (in better condition) to show up and become available. Sometimes you have to take what you can get if you really really want a certain card that is difficult to obtain.

Yes, I'd prefer to have nothing but Ex-Mt stuff but in reality that stuff just doesn't come up too often and when it does you're paying a premium for it. I'm a bottom feeder so low grade cards with nice eye appeal are fine with me.