View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 11:41 AM

It did my heart good, Dave Berg, to read the gracious words you wrote about enjoying NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. I have heard so little from collectors who bought a copy, nor from auction houses and PSA's Joe Orlando who were sent complimentary copies. Funny, I sent a detailed note with Joe's, explaining why the cover cards were graded by SGC, AND NOT PSA!!!! What was the use? I still haven't heard from him in a year's time.

The fact it's an E-book on a CD was the only compromise, but that has turned out to be a major stumbling block to collectors who do not wish to put up with the hassle of inserting the disk into their disk drive, and reading it on their computer. Worse, the disk drive is also becoming a thing of the past, along with CDs. You can still order a disk drive for your computer, as an extra attachment. Oh well, I guess I did not think collectors would suffer well with Amazon's print-on-demand price of $95. The digital download version sold via Amazon for Kindle devices have shown steady sales.

Be that as it may, the niche of regional/food cards, coins, et al is a truly enjoyable, spirited, very competitive, and challenging pursuit for the "hard to get", and sometimes the impossible. Most of them are exotic conversation pieces, after you've first shown one to a fellow collector, and watched his face. Very telling.

David, your 1958 Hires Root Beer test issue Willie Mays is a tour de force---truly a regal Say Hey beauty. He looks so happy in the photo, a must with a great Willie Mays card.

Well, gotta go to work. Best regards, David, my fellow collecting warrior, and to all youse guys who have a special taste for the regionals. Thanks too, for initiating the thread.

------Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 05-15-2018 at 11:09 AM.