View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Who still has their cards from when they were kids?

Posted By: Texas Ted

Back in the early 1970s, my cards were in a basement in Michigan and the water started to leak. I rescued them, but they were starting to smell a little, and I took them to a show in Grand Rapids and sold them all for about $2,500. I paid off my credit cards and didn't think twice about it until I reached my 50's and the regrets started to get to me.

I was born in the 1940s, so I remember opening packs for the little Bowmans and the early Topps cards. I really liked the older cards, so I would find friends with older brothers and swap for their brothers cards. I don't remember ever having anything pre WW I. I also remember going to the county fair and buying the exhibits from the vending machine for a penny a piece. Not sure what ever happened to those.

I still have hopes of finding something of interest in my parents house. They are in their 80s now, and have never thrown anything away. They still have all of their Life and Post magazines from the 1960s, so there is hope I could still find a small stash.

Texas Ted
Starting my third attempt at a second childhood.