View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 08:02 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I agree, Jose Ramirez's hustle definitely set the tone. If he hadn't hustled, the game definitely could have ended with a different result. He is the unsung hero imo.

I seen the first pitch Edwin got and thought to myself, that was a perfect ball for him to hit, but I was glad he worked the walk after that as that could have ended up a pop up or a deep fly ball. Of course I was hoping he would have been the hero but working a walk in that situation, with some very close pitches, also shows what kind of player he is and how good he is.

I had no idea it was the Royal's who was also involved in the A's streak. That is a very interesting fact!
Yep! The A's were up 11-0 in the record-setting game back in '02. The Royals stormed back to tie it at 11 all, before Scott Hatteberg hit a walk-off HR (I believe it was a pinch hit situation, too). This can all be seen in Moneyball of course.

Just waiting for a movie about the Indians now...

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame