View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
These have scared me for a while. And David you are right marking them as a replica would certainly be the right thing to do, but lets face it can we expect the right thing here?
Well, I wasn't speaking specifically of these balls. Sure that would be nice, but I wouldn't expect it to happen. But more specifically in a business sense, if someone were to responsibly make replica balls, while taking steps to prevent the wrong thing from happening when they fall into the wrong hands.. We all know that eventually they will. PSA should honestly mark any non-authentic autographs that they come across. There shouldn't be a choice. You submit a known bad auto and it either gets destroyed or marked...

How great would it be for some A-hole scammer to buy a bunch of these replica balls, hoping to flip them as real, only to find out that they've been marked. Would be even better if ebay/paypal blocked all attempts at refunds on items clearly sold as reprints or replicas.. After that, anyone caught selling a marked ball as authentic, could possibly be prosecuted.

Last edited by novakjr; 01-22-2012 at 05:51 PM.