Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Hey guys,

Thank you SO much for all of the warm wishes and congrats - it all really means a lot to me. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again: none of this would have been possible without you ALL. I'm truly blessed.

I'm definitely hoping that if nothing else, doing this USPS thing can lead to learning more about the whole rights and legal issues surrounding reproductions and all. While I'm still unsure as to what our plans are in terms of a specific focus, I DO know that Dean is going to be pursuing putting a book together. And I know I've been saying that for a while, but that's what he's been telling me. I think he keeps a lot of info from me until it's set in stone, as he knows I can get disappointed pretty easy. But yeah, in my eyes, I would love it if it could be somewhat in the spirit of the first Conlon book from the 1990s. Or maybe some Archie comics.

Lance, unfortunately, I never figured out exactly where the Sawamura was set. Robert and I did a lot of skull-crunching (and some Japanese translating) and we discovered that the image culled culled from the spring of '36, when the Tokyo Giants did a tour of the midwest before they started their own season a few months later. Robert could probably fill you in on some of the other details (though there really weren't many to speak of). It's actually the first time (I think) that I've done a painting and have had no clue about what ballpark it was in.

Just don't tell that to anyone.

Thanks again, everyone!

Graig
Graig, will you sign my moobs at the National? In fountain pen too please so it doesn't fade over time. Thanks

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection