Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks again, guys.

Jacksons, it's funny because doing the more modern stuff provides a different challenge. Though I have access to color photography, I still find myself sticking to a different vision of color for the most part, still trying to breathe something different into the subject. I guess I just feel that photography really does take a lot of air out of whatever it's depicting, especially since the human eye can see and process so much more information than a camera lens. And translating that onto a 2-dimensional surface just becomes harder and harder.

And to be honest, I wish I could do more modern stuff. That's part of the reason why I'm glad you're still into the Dent painting. Maybe I just won't be satisfied until I have every era covered. And covered well.

Oh, and Scott, you're being too nice! Let's just say I'm the shortest sports artist on the planet. Which I think might be true. Ben? Jimmy? Danny? Phil? Yeeeah.

Anywho, here are another two I got back from the photographers, though don't think I posted...

Joe DiMaggio, 1936, 16" x 20"

Red Ruffing, 1936, 16" x 20"

Really, thanks again everybody.

Graig