View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaks1912 View Post
Ted... The version you have (Type 2) is most likely cut down from an advertising sheet, as there is no printing along the bottom margin... The 'proofs' (for lack of a better term) more closely resemble the insert cards (Type 1) as illustrated on Borchers. The difference is the paper stock. Type 1's are similar to E-120 / E-121 while the Type 3 "proofs" are more similar to Cracker Jack / Mello Mints. To my knowledge only one group (appx 31 different) has entered the hobby, originating from a very large find of paper ephemera which was originally collected in San Francisco between the 1880's and the 1910's. This collection entered the hobby back in the late 70's. The last time I saw them Terry Knouse was offering them for sale.

Mark Macrae and Dan Studebaker discussed this topic at length at our booth in Cleveland last week. I trust Mark's opinion on this card, so I had SGC re-label it as "Type 2".

Perhaps Mark will chime in here regarding this subject.

T-Rex TED
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
LOOKING for this T206 guy to complete my EXCLUSIVE 12 red HINDU sub-set (12 subjects)

SHECKARD (glove)