View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions View Post
Hi Pete,

I understand that concern. We are going to place a much bigger emphasis on adding more graded cards for our next auction and work with consignors to get the more high end raw cards graded prior to the auction. With that being said, I don't see how a card that looks NM, measures correctly, has no creases, good centering, and minimal corner wear could possibly grade VG. We have posted high quality images of all lots in the auction. Those should give any potential bidders a good idea of the estimated grade. I sincerely hope that the winners of our raw cards get great deals and are rewarded with nice grades when the cards are submitted for grading. I think that will go a long way to proving that we are here for the right reasons. As I have said we are looking to develop long-term business relationships with the great people of this community.

Thanks,

Daniel
The problem is that altered isn't just trimming. It could be recolored, have rebuilt corners, or simply have been in a screw down that compressed the corners.

This is basically your only chance to gain credibility on this board and elsewhere, and if people here start reporting that their won NM auctions are coming back altered, you aren't going to get another chance. If you're sincere, you really need to consider either getting the cards checked by a TPG or resetting the auctions and changing the descriptions.

Last edited by Batpig; 03-06-2018 at 03:19 PM.