Thread: Joe Benz Auto
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasL View Post
Here's my Benz auto for comparison

Been collecting Black Sox related items for about 20 years now (not long compared to many other folks). No doubt that Benz is legit...was a little on the high end as far as price goes for him, but it was a GPC which usually gets a bump in value.

As far as autographs go Ive been lucky in nabbing some tough 1919 Sox guys (Wilkinson, Ragan, Gleason) but have hit the availability wall now. I have 19 (including a Mrs Joe Jackson and not including a Risberg Im having authenticated) different 1919 Sox. Plus 5 possible Phantom players/spring training members (Bruno Haas, Ed Tabor, Bill Stewart, Roy Hansen, Fred Henry)

Been beating the bushes trying to shake loose the toughies but no luck yet (I dont think I have ever in my life even seen an example of Win Noyes by the way)!

Good luck with the collecting, I have many doubles of the easier guys if needed.

Wow Thomas, 20 (with Risberg) plus spring training members is quite an accomplishment. I have 15 (including Attell) but I don't think I'll get over 20...but you never know. Hey, how about posing a pic of your Kid Gleason? That's one I'd really like to get someday.