View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradyhill View Post
Hi Guys...I know I don't post much here and when the NY Times asked to interview me, I really thought about it hard. To put your collection in front of people sounds exciting on one hand, but on the other I am private person with regards to show and tell. I hope that I did an acceptable job of being a real and positive force for our hobby as that was really my goal. I just wanted to shed some positive light on why I do it. I am also lucky my wife supports my craziness also. I know there will always be some guys that are negative about card collecting, but some of my best buddies are my card nerd friends (you know who you are). Thanks for reading!
Very cool! I would love to see that Ruth rookie.

I totally get it. It’s like you want everyone to see the greatness of the hobby but at the same time the value of the cards might draw the wrong attention. I remember when Allen Iverson had those giant diamonds in his ears and someone ask what they were worth. He got upset but at the same time it doesn’t take a genius to know that they cost more then what most people make in a year.

And peter it does seem that Brent says a lot about what happened a few years back.