Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:02 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

It's been a few months since I've updated this thread, so I thought I'd throw in some stuff that I've completed since then.

Fred Tenney, 1897, 12" x 16"

Honus Wagner, 1902, 16" x 22"

Ty Cobb, 1916, 18" x 18"

José Méndez, 1923, 9" x 12"

Yankees, July 4, 1927, 44" x 66"

Josh Gibson, 1935, 22" x 28"

Jose Bautista, October 14, 2015, 18" x 24"

I was absolutely thrilled to finally tackle the Wagner painting, as I've had my eye on finishing it up for years. Same goes for the Méndez. And finishing the '27 Yankees? The damn thing nearly killed me. PhilNap can attest to that.

Either way, I'm still pretty darn behind when all is said and done. Fatherhood has most certainly changed how much work I can get done on any given day, so I'm doing my best to find a decent balance. I have to give thanks to a lot of clients who have been super patient with me, too. It's great that they know that this sort of stuff can't be rushed or half-assed, even if it means waiting much longer for their paintings as originally anticipated.

I'm also thrilled to make it known that I've been working with a client who has commissioned a large number of color studies featuring Negro and Cuban Leaguers (which some of you might have seen on social media), all of which we are hoping to be part of a traveling museum exhibit in 2019 and 2020. He's even been in the process of securing licensing rights with the majority of the featured ballplayers, including Gibson, Paige, Robinson, and a plethora of others - so finally, a book featuring my artwork might really be in the future (fingers crossed). I'll reveal more information on all of this stuff as I'm allowed to.

As per usual, thank you everyone for all of your love and support - it's all so very appreciated. And if you have any comments, questions or problems with any of the stuff posted (or anything in general), feel free to PM/email me and/or make it known on the thread.

And thanks for reading!!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 02-07-2018 at 06:50 AM.