View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

guess need to be more specific as to which cards you think investors don't care about market pricing...easy just to say 'truly desirable.' list the specific cards or else the comment doesn't really matter or make sense until know exactly what cards you are talking about

and FYI im not bidding on the 1952 mantles or cards they seem to be making new market highs every big name auction....[/QUOTE]

My comment about "truly desirable cards" is clearly a generality, but doesn't require specificity to "matter" or "make sense" to most. After all, just looking at the collecting interests of this board, it is clear that what is "truly desirable" is extremely relative. Who would have thought someone would be willing to pay $6200 for a PSA 6 Home Run Baker? But it happened.

My point is that there appears to be more investors/collectors entering the hobby who seem to have little regard for VCP/SMR, so I, for one, have decided to pay less attention to those metrics when I find cards I truly covet and intend to keep. I'm confident that others share my interests and will be adopting similar approaches, so I fully expect to contribute to some record-setting bids next year. If I win some, awesome. If I don't, so be it. But I know if I tether my bids to prices even 6 months ago, I will more than likely lose.

To each their own. Everyone has a different approach. Whatever makes you happy.