View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 09:25 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Alright, your post clearly shows that you are a Golden State fan Yes, I agree that Bosh and James going to the Heat was a really bad thing for the NBA. However, I think that Durant going to the Warriors was pretty bad too. He could have signed with the Clippers or the Rockets, but no, out of all the teams he had to choose Golden State. Imagine New England Patriots signing one of the best offensive players in the NFL? Wouldn't that be just stupid? Do you think the Pats are lacking in that area (or in any area?)
Clippers could not afford him, already paying Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

Also, remind me why THAT wouldn't be considered a superteam?

Houston? I don't know why any superstar would want to play with James Harden and the Rockets ugly style.

Golden State's style of basketball was the perfect fit for Durant. Spread the ball to everybody, open the floor, non-ISO, non-selfish and very efficient style of offense. Evidenced by Durant having his most efficient shooting season since being in the league.

He also had perhaps his best season as a defender since being in the league. It helps having team-mates who aren't running around like chickens with their head cut off all the time.

I also laugh when I think of Charles Barkley constantly criticizing Durant for his move to Golden State, when he did exactly the same thing when he defected to Houston years ago while chasing a title.

....and again, Golden State was a team that built itself drafting guys outside of the lottery system and bringing in under-appreciated veterans and role players other teams had given up on.

Durant was their one big signing in.............I don't know how long.

It's too bad that The Spurs suffered all the injuries they did. I think with a healthy Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker they had the perfect team to matchup against Golden State and give them a run for their money.