View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Have to admit I am one of those who only knows Vezina from an avatar also.

I knew everyone else fairly well, but I am also leaning toward the majority of folks having no idea. I would think many have heard of Babe Ruth, however if I just showed a photo and asked who it was, I would think the correct answer may be less than half of respondents on a really good day.

I think the Mikan thing may just be not as much interest in early NBA, much like my Vezina knowledge. My 17 year-old son has a 52' Mikan Wheaties card and a framed auto in his card display and can bet he could list off at least 5 minutes of facts and stats for him to anyone who asked.

It's just what folks deem important to themselves. I would assume my vintage sports knowledge is fairly down the list of importance to most people. I can't identify a soul if I pick up checkout magazine of rumors, however my wife can tell you every last one and their dating history.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.