View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default Questions for Set Collectors

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Joann: I am a collector who fits in the (its not a) void between set and type collectors. I deliberately chose this status based on my experience in coin collecting. This can quickly be reduced to the undesireable status of "having" to obtain a coin which you have no interest in, solely because there is the ever present "hole" in your coin book. I saw baseball set commons as likely to fall into the same catagory and worse, set rarities (who really wants Lou Loudermilk?) also constituting "holes" of cards which were of no interest, and potentially costly.

I get the same feeling of accomplishment + the additional rewards of creativity in my own "set" design.

Edited to add: I imagine that in your quest, aside from all of the player research and set research, one of the rewards is the accomplishment of closing out each year of cards.

This is really quite a task, Joann. It is a type set with a common theme, and an expandable scope of years.

Further edited to add: But why not make it interesting - and just do catchers in gear?