View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Default Interesting email from REA

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

If Rob is so terrified of being sued for providing names then why put out a 500 word essay in two paragraphs on what he is noticing and what he is doing about it? I think it is admirable that he is doing it but why not just do it behind the scenes, as he has been doing, and conduct his auctions as he sees fit? Making a pronouncement only rattles the cages of collectors and leaves them with more questions, and uneasiness.

As for who is altering cards? Well virtually every dealer is doing it to some degree or another. There are many collectors on here that are doing it. Again, what constitutes altering a card? Rob may think that simply erasing a stray pencil mark is altering. He has not given nearly enough specifics. There was just a thread recently about a smaller auction in which cards went from lower holders to higher holders. Are those cards altered? Would Rob consider what was done to those cards to be alterations?

I don't think anyone on here was implying that cards Rob has rejected were part of the Mastro auction that ended last night but I too find the timing of Rob's email interesting. I also find Rob's comment that he did not know Mastro was ending last night to be...odd. Being in the auction business I would figure he would know about every auction that is ending if nothing more than for pure curiosity.

Greg