View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default John R

John Rumierz is a collector from way, way back. He has the #1 table (always) at the National. Been there since day one. For some reason he and I get along very well, otherwise he is very low key. I must have spent 3 hours or more just speaking with him, one on one, at the last National. At each National I spend quite a bit of time speaking with him, having breakfast etc.... I have known him for about 10 yrs and he is one of the most knowledgable people in our hobby. When he says something, believe it. Also, if you want to really know where some skeletons are buried in the hobby, John is the one that knows. I will not say what we spoke about but if I did this board, and many in the hobby, would be ducking for cover. Trust me, much of what I see people talking about concerning the "great" people/auctioneers is simply ignorance. People just don't know and I am not going to be the one to spoil their parade. Another person that knows almost as much is my friend Josh Evans. I am sure there are about 50-60 collectors, right now, shaking their collective heads in agreement.

BTW, I should add that not everyone in the hobby likes John, Josh, me....or many others ....I am merely stating my personal opinion.

Last edited by Leon; 02-16-2010 at 06:30 PM.