View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 11:52 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Why would they want to? Number of people does not equate to attendance, and attendance does not equate to dollars spent.

Let me ask this to those saying the west coast would be a great place for a show (specifically CA). If it is such a hotbed, where are all the LOCAL or REGIONAL shows? I would wager there are a number of reasons for it (expense, interest, location, et al), but I think people need to really think about WHY that is to garner any insight as to why CA specifically doesn't happen.
There are a few out here. I think someone else was referring to the Frank and Sons show, which runs twice a week. Long Beach has a decent sized show every 3 months or so that is more coins than cards, but still plenty of tables. And I've seen a net54 member promoting another LA area show, although I've never attended that one.

I would guess plenty of midwest and east coast collectors would be willing to travel out west once every few years for a show. And a lot of us out here that don't feel like going to Cleveland or Atlantic City would attend.