Thread: R E Question
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
the only pressure for consignor to pull them in my theory is that rea would have pulled them and consignor thought better of it and pulled them first so they wouldnt have a history of being pulled by the auction house. now consignor can consign elsewhere with the jsa certs and no history of being rejected by an auction house, just voluntarily pulled.

but if that is the case then rea was ready to pull them if the consignor didnt do it themselves and if the consignor wasnt ready or able to answer additional questions on provenance, so i think that the deflecting answer of "consignor pulled items, not rea" is just semantics. what do others think on this theory.

rea? what say you?
More likely to my mind is that when Rob further discussed the provenance with the consignor, the consignor got cold feet and opted to pull the items and sell them elsewhere rather than have the write-up amended to include the additional details. Presumably, this would only be the case if the consignor felt that the additional details would hurt the sale price of the items. This seems more likely to my mind than a "I'm going to break up with you before you have a chance to break up with me" scenario.

Both the consignor (and his buddy) and REA have posted here, so there is potential to hear both sides of the story.