View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 12:13 PM
Drew W@i$e

Default E90-2 Wagner - PSA 5?

Memory Lane has a E90-2 Wagner up for sale in its auction:

https://memorylaneinc.com/site/bids/...e?itemid=75929

While it is a great card and I am sure will go for top dollar, I am not seeing how this card ended up in a PSA 5 holder. Especially with this writeup in the card description:

Synonymous with his revered T206 subject, the classic Honus Wagner portrait image has been portrayed on the obverse side with this offering's imposing illustration exhibiting extremely robust facial and gray uniform hues. The imposing blue background has eluded any notable defects, and the image somewhat favors the right edge between four relatively clean borders. Finding an E90-2 Wagner that is crease free is a near-impossible task, yet this stunning memento appears to have eluded any glaring creases. While there might be a faint wrinkle under heavy magnification, both sides have managed to side-step any obtrusive surface flaws to the naked eye. For full disclosure, preventing a higher assessment is even corner wear and some diminutive enamel peel situated on the upper left corner, rendered virtually negligible versus the remaining outstanding aesthetics.

Am I just being too harsh on this card? Are similar E90-2s in PSA 5 holders like this example?