View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Jeff P0tter

Default Mystery Autograph Help Part 2 (likely entertainment)

Part two my of pleading for help in identifying a few autographs I have had hanging around here for too long. If anyone recognizes any please let me know :-)

Here are the clues I know about them:

Autographs 1 and 2 came from a collection of mostly 1948 - 1951 entertainment autographs, gathered in the New York area and mostly consisting of big movie names, newer television names, jazz names, and a lot of hollywood actors who were blacklisted and now working in New York in various venues.

Autograph 3 is likely from the mid 1950's from a collection mostly consisting of actors gathered at the MGM studios in California

Autograph 4 is likely a music or movie related star that would have been signed in the early 1990's. It's noted as Dionne Warwick but I don't think it's her. Obtained through the mail, the collector pencil wrote the initial on the reverse of who he sent it to so he could recognize it when it came back, this one has a D.W. on it.

Autographs 5 and 6 are the same signer and came from the same collection as number 4, obtained through the mail

Autograph 6 was obtained likely in the 1970's or early 1980's, likely a scientist of some type, and came from a large collection of FDC's with most signers matching or obviously related to the subject matter of the cover. There were some foreign names in the collection as well that I would have struggled with if there wasn't a notation of who it was. This one had no notation obviously.

Lastly, I may have shown a couple of these before and if so I apologize, though it never hurts to shoot for a fresh set of eyes on them.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Update: First autograph has been identified

#1 Jinx Falkenburg (thanks Michael )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (72.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (70.0 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by ATP; 03-11-2017 at 10:37 AM.