Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks David and Randall,

This is where some of the issues come from. Marc Okkonen is an INCREDIBLE resource for jerseys and the such. But, sometimes they're some inconsistencies. And it's definitely not often. In this particular circumstance, I think there might be one.

The main reason I think this is because Babe's uniform, even though is lit and all, to me it seems to be too light in value to be the gray away jersey. But then again, from what I've seen Boston didn't have the team name on the front of their home jerseys during that era, so it's possible that was just reserved for the road jerseys.

Then, there's the pinstriping. In the photo, they're very thin but spread far apart. If you look at photos of the away Boston jerseys from that period, all of their pinstripes run very close together. If you look at the home jerseys, according to Okkonen, they did away with pinstripes on the home unis in 1915, though the ones before that year are stretched wider than the other away ones.

Alright, I'm dizzy.

I don't really know what to think. I just wish I could find a few Boston gamers from that era to compare and contrast. And I'm sure if I eventually, do, I'll probably have to change what I've done thus far. It happens.

Thanks for letting me babble.

Graig