View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:29 AM
Al Wright

OK. I see the Woodstock albums arrayed in front of the setup. Have you listened to Grace Slick do her "morning maniac music, it's a new dawn" intro yet? Have to say Alvin Lee's "I'm Going Home" has always been my favorite track from on the set.

Your reference to a "rubber band" puzzles me a little. Assuming it's a belt driven turntable, but can't visualize how the drive belt can be disturbed when changing a disc. I'm going to look into it only to quiet my own curosity. Like Ted said, what's important is that you are enjoying it.

The new vinyl issues have been running hot and heavy for a few years now. As a vinyl collector since my early 20's who always took excellent care of stuff I thought I might be able to sell off my 1,000 album collection for a fair amount when the time came. But the market dynamic now is many (not all, as some collectors want original) folks will fork over $30 in a heartbeat for a 180 gram reissue and look at you like your Jesse James if you want $10 for the original.

Keep enjoying!