View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I never sold much on eBay but now that I am selling off my old vinyl albums (who knew these things would ever be worth so much especially the old Punk stuff) I have a few questions for the experienced sellers

1. Do you send invoices?

2. Assuming zero response from a buyer, when do you open a non-paying bidder case?

I always send out my own invoices if somebody doesn't pay right away from Ebay's end of auction notice, mostly because I never know what's on Ebay's automated invoices, if they've screwed up, if they've even gone out, or if they calculated multiple winnings properly into combined orders.

I'm more patient then most when sending out non-paying bidder notices. I wait at least a week, usually more, and I usually resend out the original invoices once or twice first, as a gentle reminder, before hitting buyers with a NPB notice.

I'm in a pretty niche, low risk category though. Depending on what you are selling you might need to be more of a bulldog to get buyers to pay their bills.

Non-paying bidders for me are few and far between, but they do happen, and they seem to happen a lot more when I venture outside of my "Boxing" niche.

Have plenty of slow-payers, but not too many no-payers.