View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 12:24 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
This is just eBay trying to force sellers (eventually) to pay it more fees. Sure, it is free now, but the email I got says for a limited time. I expect to wake up one day and find an email from eBay sharing the great news that is going to really boost my sales by charging me only 3% of a card's sale price to have PSA check the damned slab.

Stupid stupid stupid.
I definitely agree with the stupid part, but not 100% certain they're doing it just to ultimately raise their fees. I would assume CSG and PSA aren't going to do all this work for nothing, and would expect that a significant portion of any such increased fees would be going to them eventually.

At some point it would potentially behoove someone like a Greg Morris cards to dump Ebay and maybe just sell through their own site, through Facebook, or some other platform. If nothing else, it will likely push many independent sellers to just go straight to AHs with their better cards. Or if they're in need of quick cash, other venues like our own BST forum, or even live shows.

I know we on the vintage collecting side are generally more against such crazy things like this happening in the first place in our hobby, but eventually you figure the shine will disappear to some extent for the new investors as well if they keep just jacking up fees and such. At least you would think so.