View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Default blank FRONTS for t206 or others?

Posted By: John

Dylan,

Give me a break anytime someone disagrees with anything it’s the old your running them off routine, please think of something more original next time.

This is a comment board I have every right to express my view as much as Kevin has the right to post his creations. But I’m not going to blow sunshine up anyone’s butt I will speak my mind and I think there a lot of questions Kevin has yet to answer that come to mind. Not to mention the very thing Kevin is commenting on and doing is controversial to say the least, if he can’t take a little heat perhaps he should stick to his chemicals and cards and shy away from posting his homemade beauties.

And as far as me commenting on passing cards off for real, I was just roughly re-stating what was said by Kevin.

“Most of the blank fronts are undetectable...whether you think so or not.”

I guess I’m the only one here who raises an eyebrow to anyone who says all his sales would be legit, yet in the next breath tells me how undetectable good fakes are. I must be the only one who scratches his head to a guy who warns us nonstop to stay away from T206 printing errors because they are so easily faked, then posts his Shappe and Nodgrass and other T206 printing flaws from his collection……

“Full disclosure is what we all want in this hobby. And you seem to be upset that Kevin shows but doesn’t tell you how step by step how to alter cards...well be careful what you ask for... informing graders in private and a bunch of baseball card collecting nuts on an open forum are two different things entirely.”

Dylan, I never implied I want to know how to make fakes did I? I would just like a bit more info on how to detect them vs. the little shots of Kevin’s creations with the occasional riddle or one sentence he gives. Hell SGC magazine teaches you how to detect trimmed cards step by step…couldn’t that info in the wrong hands teach a trimmer to trim cards in a way that would be undetectable, so why the top secret routine?

Read his post with the above images again Dylan what did you learn anything on how to detect fakes??? Where did he educate us in the below statement?? How did I or any of us learn anything on how to detect fake blank front cards??

“I have several more and real nice t206's, some t205's and several other brands both vintage to modern. Most are out at a grading company now. “
Kevin

So Dylan what did you learn from that???? What amazing amount of hobby insight was in that statement???