View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
At least in theory my time is valuable. Still, I will happily

-- Spend an hour scouring the internet to try to get a card for $3 instead of $4.

-- Spend $15 on the cards I need for a set and then take an hour putting them in my binder when I could by the complete set already in a binder for $20!

-- Spend a few hundred dollars to upgrade the condition of a set and then try to get 75% of my money back selling singles vs 50% of my money back selling the whole set.

-- Spend two hours sorting cards in a junk wax box I know is worth at best a dollar.

-- Store my TTM George Brett rubber stamped "autographs" in the same box as my best cards.

-- Turn down a $15 offer on a card and counter with $16 as if that dollar will make any difference in my life.

-- And my girlfriend would add "have more baseball cards in frames than pictures of my family!"

How about the rest of you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Great post Jason.

I do all those but the George Brett autographs. I also:

Have an insane Wade Boggs collection that I have easily 200+ cards that I have 10 or more copies of. Some special edition stuff I would even track down the manufacturer and buy out their left over stock.

I super collect 2 modern shiny cards that are #ed to 88 and 188. I buy everyone I find and they are not ever going to be worth 1/2 of what i pay for them.

I am putting together a master set of 55 Bowmans. My goal is to acquire every card from fellow Net54 members. I am 5 away from that goal and have no intention of keeping the set. The best part of this for me was all the great people I have had transactions with, thanks everyone.

I collect T210 cards only because the Ft Worth players have FTW(F*ck The Warden, my interpretation) on their uniform.

I will trade almost anything for cards and will take most anything in trade for cards including guns, cars, and booze.

This list could go on and on, my name is Ben and I really do have a problem.