View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Default Baseball Art II (and Football) and why things aren't always as they seem Lelands Jan 2007

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

What impact does this new information have on the value of the painting?

I was the winner of the Gibson painting in question. I actually don't care who the painter was because the reason I bought it had nothing to do with the artist. It's just a great image of Gibson. The photo it's based on is probably the most common image of Gibson around (usually it's the full shot of him crouched down in his Crawfords uniform) but I really like the color of this particular work and thought it would look nice on the wall.

While I don't mind overpaying for items I like, I prefer it to be because I am willing to pay more than the next bidder, not because an item is not as it was represented when sold.

I'm also not at all interested in it if there are other examples. I thought it was a one-of-a-kind original painting by an NFL HOFer. I care nothing about the NFL HOFer part, but maybe the underbidder did. How can I know?

I guess I can only ask opinions of other board members. So, does this new information impact the value?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ryan