View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Banned

some astute comments, i agree with them.

if ebay would seem to the collector to be a safer place to shop if all autographs had ebay exclusive certs, i think that would help. no more CC and funny looking certs and saying something has a cert but not showing it.

but hey would have to put together a great team, not just a good one. the stamped signatures with a psa cert and the laser prints etc. would have to stop. if you are just psa or jsa under a new name, then whats the point? you would have to be better than them and advertise that you are. psa and jsa get overextended and overstretched and go too fast and thats why the bad mistakes are made.

there were ramblings 7 or 8 years ago that ebay might buy collectors universe, and someone even wrote a research paper about it. it never happened, maybe because ebay would have to buy the whole company, and they would now be card graders and coin graders too. i dont think they could just pick off the autograph authentication unit psa/dna from collectors universe just by itself.

part of the reason it would be worth competing with psa and jsa , is that psa and jsa have done a horrible job distinguishing themselves from each other.

psa and jsa= interchangeable. they do almost everything the same, you submit the items the same, the pricing structure is the same, the non guarantee is the same, there is no innovation, no progress, just stagnation.

same old thing year after year. it was three years ago that they wanted a boxing guy at psa. in three years they still havent got one. why? can't they find one that wants to work for them as a consultant for near free?

ripe for a competitor like ebay to eat their lunch by giving the customer what they want. but i dont think it is on ebays radar.