View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Default Mystery t206 card

Posted By: T E

Your research is really incredible, thank you everyone! Thinking of turning the card sideways in photoshop, great!

As an eBay since '01 seller who deals in misc items, broad range, (some might call it junk, but one man's junk...) and as someone who attends many auctions, both live and online, I would agree that ultimate price could go much higher than estimated originally. I have received several offers mid four figures since posting here, which makes me think it could well go higher.

I would like to thank the people who made those offers, but if I do sell it will probably be a high end auction route, you (meaning me, the prospective seller) only get one bite at the apple.

That said, I don't think I'm going to sell. Think about it, this card actually survived a robbery in my apt (of course, several Ty Cobbs and other HOFs went out the window to my fire-escape that day) and God knows what else I've been through in NYC over the past 30+ years, I have really enjoyed just posting it here and learning about it from you all.

I am going to get it authenticated. I have it now in a plastic holder anyway, so it might as well be a slab.

I normally use PSA but I am told that SGC is better for old cards. Does it make a difference if it is just a matter of being authenticated?

Do grading Co's ever wave fees with hi-end cards? The way I look at it, if it goes on auction, it is free advertising for whoever's name is on slab.