View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Greg C
Greg Cir.uln.ick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I am not certain of legal issues, but see no moral problem with correcting an obvious pricing error. This is a common practice in other industries, and even websites such as Amazon.com. I work for a car dealership. If an ad is posted with an incorrect price, we print a retraction. I remember a used car worth around $25k getting priced at 2,500. We received several calls and emails the next day. We did not sell the car for 2,500.

I see a moral problem with someone trying to take advantage of a seller's honest mistake and buy a card for 10-20, or even 50% of its value. Like Matt said, had I seen a card like that on a BIN, I might have hit the buy button. But I certainly wouldn't hold it against the seller when he catches the mistake and cancels the sale.
I agree. People seem to have an issue with a seller not honoring the sale of a misprinted item but no one takes issue with a buyer looking to take advantage of that mistake and then sullying the sellers reputation on a public forum for not taking the financial hit?

Honest mistake made. I would want the buyer to be understanding if I was the seller in this case.

Last edited by GregC; 02-06-2016 at 05:11 PM.