View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 08:25 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeno7 View Post
Really? You see a moral problem with the buyer in this case? SMH.
And no, there is no problem correcting a price BEFORE it sells. Like I said, the seller could have asked permission to cancel and if the buyer did not agree then the seller had the obligation to go good on the sale.
This is not a car for sale of a mis-advertised price. It is a collectible on an auction/selling website that has an explicit contract.

This type of thinking is why I have distanced myself from this hobby 90%.
It seems we have opposite views on this one so perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree.

I will add that a seller who has 1000s of cards listed will probably make a few mistakes per day, I know I would. If a potential buyer is actively searching for them I'm sure he could find them. It may not just be a coincidence this happened twice. That being said we don't really have enough information to make that determination as the OP hasn't mentioned what cards he tried to buy at what price. Sean said one was a 52 Eddie Mathews for $650. As 1s usually go for over a grand, and this could have been a nicer example, I probably would have canceled that transaction as well.