View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 10:46 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Just to clarify a bit

TWO items in question

One was a Frank House "Yellow tiger" BIN at 7.95

Most didn't know about this error until they saw my sig line, and saw threads addressing it on these very boards, I've since removed it from my sigline to prevent other pricing errors. I understand that a seller can't know every price of every card, therefore LOW POP cards and VARIATIONS can slip through the cracks. That is unless you see a N54 buyer, who you know personally, hit the BIN within seconds of an item being listed.

Recently there was a Charlie Maxwell PSA 7 priced at $117, a bit high for a PSA 7, right?

Until you see a N54 member hits the BIN within seconds of it being listed. Then checking VCP only to learn that it is a very low pop card and it sells for close to $300.

Honorable mention: Thinking back...

The very first time this happened was the seller's partnership with Greg Morris cards. Named seller was informed that there was a Cass Michaels gray back listed in Morris' 1952 topps set break. I was the high bidder and the auction was taken down due to a "listing error". No explanation no nothing.

I've bought countless cards via ebay BIN and auctions, including these types of cards as well as other errors. Many from major sellers, such as Dean's cards, Joes vintage Sports Cards, Kit Young, etc and the only pricing error that has ever come from a specific seller, albeit twice, who knows me and what I collect personally from these very boards. That is the one variable and it's absurd.

The real kicker was his text message, after I refused to respond to him through email...

"Thanks for catching my pricing errors".

Again, my purchases should not be scrutinized because I am a member here and myself, as well as my collecting habits are known personally. The seller has admitted he doesn't check the listing price, but he checks when the item is paid for, before being shipped.

Aside from these listing/pricing errors, there isn't anything of interest from the seller, so my revenue will not be missed.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors